In the old days of networking, we were told things like:
1) bring your business cards with you wherever you go;
2) make notes on the back of the business cards you collect at networking events so you can remember something about the person when you follow up;
3) remember to follow up with people you meet to nurture your network;
4) an easy way to touch base with someone in your network is to clip out an article that you think might interest them and mail it to them.
What’s the 2009 version of networking? How about
1) remember your moo cards and keep your .vcf (vCard file) updated;
3) use Socialminder to keep tabs on your networking;
4) email a link to an article you read online that you think they might be interested in or better yet, share it via your social network status updates.
What’s Socialminder, you ask? Find out more about it in my post about it on Web Worker Daily.